Saturday, June 13, 2009

Parents and stress caused by ADHD

When you have a pre-teen with ADHD, stress is inevitable. In my case, I spend most of my time at home with kids, especially with my pre-teen with ADHD. He needs that extra attention to complete his homework and his studies. This means I have less time for other chores, which get postponed. It also means I have less time to relax and do things I would love to do.

Very often I don’t feel relaxed after a weekend, when I get back to office because I have been trying to revise my son’s lessons, without which he wouldn’t be able to manage. My husband helps me with most of the other chores. We also find that we have less time for each other. Even for those weekend outings, we always think twice, because it might affect my son’s schedule.

Tension brewing in this kind of a situation is common. There are lots of arguments and those fights, which actually have no basis but stress. May be we don’t link all this to ADHD, but I am sure it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment