Saturday, May 16, 2009

A typical frustrating day with ADHD

Some days you simply give up trying. Today was such a day. From morning I have been trying to get my 12-year old son to sit down for studies. I had planned to teach him for a couple of hours a day so that he could catch up with his peers. Some how nothing materialised. He simply didn't respond. He was either dreaming or simply walked around. Most of the time, he was quarrelling with his sister. I had to keep repeating what I said at least four or five times for him to at least look at me. Forget about responding!

Some days are like this. Of course, he is not taking his ADHD medication during these holidays. Now I see that the medication did have some effect unlike what I thought. I wonder if other mothers of kids with ADHD also experience similar problems. Planning to visit his psychiatrist before his school reopens. Let's see what he has to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment